A little Christmas Music if you will….
I have been a little busy as of late and I am bit behind on my blog. Especially my Christmas blogs. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Growing up I had many great memories which took place during the holidays. There are memories that I have never forgotten and ones that always bring a smile to my face no matter how long ago they occurred. Christmas music is another part of my life that brings those memories to my mind every time I hear them. It could have been Burl Ives “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” or “Frosty the Snowman” sung by Jimmie Durante (one of my all-time favorite singers) spurring memories of my sister and I sitting in front of the TV every year watching those shows. I can’t leave “Merry Christmas Charlie Brown” out of that little story since it remains one of my Christmas cornerstones. I’m a freak yes I know but I could listen to Christmas music year round and I do in fact.
So, on that thought I wanted to post a blog with my Top 5 favorite Christmas songs. I’ve been thinking about this for a few weeks now since I am hearing a long of new Christmas music that is very very good. With the exception of number 5 they are new to me or I never paid much attention to them. Maybe its because i’m getting old lol.
5. Ok here it is Charlie Brown. Sorry, I just couldn’t help myself.
4. I like a little bit of electrionic music in my life…bee known to jam to a little dub stub once In a while. I heard this song a few weeks back and thought it was great. I like the modern approach on Carol of the Bells. This is by Callann Lane
3. This is a new version of a Holiday standard and it all started with Eartha Kitt in 1952. This version is by Michael Buble and I really enjoy this rare version sung by a male singer with some modern twists.
2. OK…let be known I am not and have not ever been a fan of James Taylor. That being said I really like this song. I don’t know if its the whiny tone of his voice, the general melancholy feel of how he sings this song or that it makes me feel a little hopeful for some strange reason. OR it could be that I am just getting old. But I really do enjoy this song when I hear it come on the radio while I drive. Its Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by James Taylor.
1. Ok…This was tough and battled with James T for #1. But I love what these guys did with the songs and how they blended a few Christmas favorites into 1 song. I heard this once on the radio and it was about half way done and I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out how to do it. Thank you Star 105.7 for playing it again so i could find out the name. The groups story is pretty amazing.
12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser
OK so there it is. What are your favorite Christmas songs? What songs bring the best memories to your mind year after year. Don’t be shy